The former Bradley Brothers Dry Goods Store was constructed sometime after 1915–possibly late teens or 1920s (National Register of Historic Places description, Delhi Downtown Historic District). “Bradley Bros” was painted in the set-in area above the transoms, and has now been painted over. The words Dry Goods Store and Bradley Bros are still visible at the top of the showroom windows.
A Mr. John Bradley, identified as a dry goods merchant, married Susan Watts in 1898 in Louisiana. He died sometime after 1930, and his sons, Bethel and John, were listed as dry goods merchants in Delhi, Louisiana. The Dry Goods Reporter of 1913 references the Bradley Brothers of Delhi, Louisiana. A “popular sales lady for the past two years at Bradley Brothers” is referenced in the Monroe News Star in 1928 (p. 6). The building above is evident in the photographs titled “Main Street, Delhi, La in 1900s.”