Blue Mountain, Mississippi is probably most widely known for being home to Blue Mountain College. The former Bank of Blue Mountain on the corner of Railroad Avenue and Main Street was established in 1905 when the bank purchased the site on which to erect the building (The Chattanooga News, Oct. 31, 1905, p. 8). The building (visible in the original design lower left corner of the postcard below) was renovated in 1939.
The bank is pictured above prior to being painted, on the far end of the two buildings visible on the left above. The comparison of the structures before and following the 1939 remodeling is illustrated below.
The Bank of Blue Mountain building is to be remodeled and extensive reconditioning will be done at the financial institution…Contract for the work will be awarded during June by bank officials. The Ashland branch of the Bank of Blue Mountain recently completed a new structure. (Clarion-Ledger, Jun 9, 1939, p. 6)