The County Fire Office is at the end of Regent Street, adjacent to Piccadilly Circus intersection and on the corner of Glasshouse Street. According to Historic England, it was completed in 1924 by Ernest Newton as part of the “grandiose rebuilding” of Regent Street undertaken by Sir Reginald Blomfield.
Classical details include the swags across the attic story, a stepped blocking course above the cornice, and a sculpture of Britannia and lion. The dome is copper. Take note, it is 12:30 and time for lunch!