Tag Archives: East Tupelo

East Tupelo School

The East Tupelo school, constructed 1936, was designed by architects N. W. Overstreet and A. Hays Town.  The building contains an auditorium and classrooms.  Sadly, the beautiful original entrance is hidden behind those metal awnings that cover the sidewalks, and … Continue reading

Posted in Mississippi, New Deal Administration, Public Works Administration, school houses | Tagged , , , | 15 Comments