Tag Archives: Italianan Renaissance

Standard Oil Company, Jackson

The Standard Oil Company building is located on the site of the old Bowman Hotel, constructed in 1857 and burned in 1863 during the Civil War (Historic Jackson Walking Tour, MDAH).  It housed a full-service gas station, to the left … Continue reading

Posted in Italianate architecture | Tagged , , | 15 Comments